Tuesday, January 13, 2009

About Face Regarding the Israel Conflict

As I first heard about the Israeli's response to continued rocket launches into Israel, I thought, "Sure!  I can't blame them for wanting to see the rockets stopped.  We would not tolerate even one rocket being launched into America."

But the more I see the callous disregard for the innocent, my opinion has turned 180 degrees:

At the moment my contempt for the enemy exceeds my concern for innocent children, my actions then reveal that I have really begun to worship a foreign god and certainly not the God made known by Jesus Christ.

Am I really sure what spirit I am representing when I support what is going on in Gaza right now?

Luke 9:51-56

I'm beginning to learn that one's true god (or value system) is revealed in the furnace.

No comments: